- In the heart of the Abitibi where in excess of 150M oz gold have been produced.
- Greenstone environment.
- 2 previous small-scale mining operations.
- New gold trend discovered in 2009.
The Adanac Project is located in the core of the Abitibi, on a splay of the renowned Cadillac - Larder Lake break. The project consists of 51 staked claims for an area of 1740 hectares. Three (3) historical shafts used for small scale gold production are found on the claims including the Adanac shaft used to produce an undisclosed quantity of gold in the 1930s.
Threegold is now ready to launch its first diamond drilling program following extensive background work that includes 3D modelling of the available data to visualise the mineralization, regional and detailed Mobile Metal Ion soil geochemistry TM (MMI), local geochemical Soil Gas Hydrocarbon TM (SGH) survey and a complete airborne geophysical aeromagnetic - electromagnetic coverage. These surveys outlined 6 high-priority targets that will be tested during a 4000 metres diamond drilling program slated to commence in September of 2009.
- Initiated a 4,474-metre, 22-hole diamond drilling program in the fall of 2009 to investigate the most significant targets on the project.
- Results from this program were used to outline a 1.8-kilometre gold corridor on the project.
- The purpose of the 2009 Adanac program was to verify the lateral extent of the anomalous geochemical gold trend defined by surface soil samples and to obtain key information on the trend and geometry of the structure and mineralization.
- Having successfully achieved the goal of this preliminary phase, the Company will now be able to target the deeper sections where higher grade gold is more likely to occur.
- Downhole geophysical surveys and modelling are now underway and will be used to establish the priorities for Phase II drilling, which is scheduled to begin in early 2011.
- Discovery of an 1.8 kilometre gold mineralized corridor!
- Only shallow drilling done to date to test gold mineralization.
- New drill program to commence soon to test gold mineralization at depth.
Get our Newsletter
Sign up for our FREE newsletters now!